If you’re not organised Christmas gift shopping can be a nightmare. It’s useful to hit the shops with a thorough list and action plan.
Your action plan should look something like this:
- Decide on two gift ideas for each family member or friend who you are purchasing for – write these down.
- Allocate yourself a full day to Christmas shop. It’s ideal to hit the shops alone and without the kids, to give your full attention to the task at hand.
- Whilst shopping try and keep this rule in mine – if you cannot find your first gift idea in three stores move onto the next item. Time is precious.
- Once home wrap your gifts, attach a gift tag or card and store in a safe location ready for Christmas day.
Finding ideas for gifts can be difficult, but never fear, we’ve compiled a list of gift suggestions to make the process a tad easier.
- Pamper packs/gift vouchers – give mum a chance to unwind and relax
- Cinema vouchers
- Inspirational books
- Wine hampers
- Laptop bag – especially useful for stay at home mum entrepreneurs.
- Picnic hamper
- Clothing vouchers to their favourite stores
- Sporting equipment or memberships
- Concert tickets
- Car GPS systems
- Massage vouchers
- Car servicing kits
- Portable tool kits
- Coffee machine – perfect for early morning starts
- Magazine subscriptions
- Sporting team apparel
- Briefcase – business orientated dad’s love these
- 2016 diary – perfect for ensuring 2016 is an organised year
- BBQ cookbook and utensils
- Bug-catching kits
- Chalkboard and coloured chalk
- Dolls house and accessories
- Books – science, fairy-tale, action, adventure
- Create-it-yourself project kits
- Lego – an endless source of entertainment for kids of all ages
- Sporting equipment – perfect for the summer holidays
- Make up set
- Cinema tickets
- Concert tickets
- Video game consoles and games – always a popular option for teenagers
- Bluetooth music systems
- Sporting equipment
- Hair straightener – what teenage girl doesn’t want perfect locks for school?
- Computer games
Just remember, when shopping stay as close and true to your list as possible. It’s easy to be swayed by marketing and sales. Stay focused on your pre-selected Christmas gift options and shop in an organised manner.
It’s as easy as this to be Christmas gift sorted.