The Christmas season can be wonderful but navigating party clothes can be a challenge!
You have plenty of opportunities to eat, drink and socialise with friends and family. However, there is often a lot of pressure placed on us to be prepared and ready to socialise almost instantly.
So what are you going to wear?
We want to make these celebrations as easy as possible for you. We’ve compiled our best party clothes tips for the Christmas season. Use these, have fun and enjoy yourself!
Dressing for the party is easy with wardrobe basics.
We all have a number of basic items in our wardrobe. These are fantastic for creating outfits in a flash that will take you from casual lunches to dinner parties.
Party clothes for her:
- Little black dress – the LBD is a black dress of any shape or form. This is the perfect item for dressing up or down with the change of shoes and accessories. For daytime soirees try your LBD with sandals or a low kitten heel and for evening glitz it up with some stiletto pumps and a statement necklace.
- Black pants and a variety of blouses – you can mix and match casual and semi-formal blouses with black pants for a stylish alternative to the LBD.
- Good quality and well fitted jeans!
- Tailored blazer – the blazer can be worn over dresses, pants or even jeans to bring a semi formal edge to your outfit.
- A selection of accessories including jewellery, shoes (aim for three great pairs of heels), and bags. A basic black handbag for day and a simple evening clutch will have you covered for most occasions.
Party clothes for him:
- Good fitting jeans – try and have a selection of different denims (both dark and light). These look great for smart casual events when worn with a fitted shirt or V-neck sweater.
- Tailored black pants – perfect for more formal occasions. You can pair tailored black pants with coloured shirts for a fun evening look. Or wear a simple dark shirt to streamline the look further.
- Fitted blazer – just like a tailored blazer for women, a men’s fitted blazer can be worn with jeans and a shirt for a daytime party look, or if purchased in a smarter fabric it can also be worn at night with tailored pants. Aim for a simple dark colour when purchasing a blazer.
- Black and brown shoes are perfect! If you’re more of a street wear man, make sure your shoes are clean and well looked after. A quality pair of kicks can work with many looks in the right environment.
Are your party clothes sorted now?