Home Organisation Projects You Can Complete in a Day
If you’re looking for a home isolation activity – you’re in the right place.
For this week’s blog, we’ve put together a list of home organisation projects you can complete in a day.
Are you ready to bring the home sorted feeling into your isolation life?
Sort your wardrobe
Hands up if you love the feeling of a well sorted wardrobe – we sure do, which is why we’re encouraging you to put aside an afternoon to declutter and sort your wardrobe during home isolation.
If you’re feeling extra motivated, you can also choose to sort the wardrobes of other family members.
In order to successfully sort your wardrobe, we recommend following these three steps:
1. Remove everything from your wardrobe and declutter items you no longer wear or need. These can be placed into bags to sell online or donate to charity at a later date.
2. Ensure everything has a place and group like items. When putting items back into your wardrobe, it’s a great idea to group like items together and to hang clothing by type. This means hanging coats, dresses, pants, tops etc together. The same can be applied for drawers.
3. Store clothes seasonally. If you’re short on space, we also recommend storing clothes seasonally in vacuum seal bags. These can be stored in under bed storage, in your home garage or even at the top of your wardrobe if space allows.
Spruce up your linen cupboard
Our second home organisation project is the linen cupboard. This project can be accomplished in a couple of hours and will give you a go-to cupboard where everything has its place – just follow these steps:
1. Organise your linen into sets by storing sheets inside their corresponding pillowcase and grouping towels together. This will ensure you’re never missing an item and makes changing the sheets easy as a breeze.
2. Sort by shelves within your linen cupboard to keep it looking neat at all times. We recommend placing items that you only use occasionally on the top shelf and then storing linen and towels on different lower shelves.
3. Use labels where possible. Once you have sorted your linen by shelf, we recommend labelling the area to ensure that each family member knows where to look. It sounds simple but helps immensely!
Back up your electronic files
The last project relates to our electronic life. We recommend spending an afternoon organising a way to back up your electronic files – whether on a cloud-based server or external hard drive – to ensure they’re stored for good.
Better yet, this project can be undertaken while you watch your fav show on Netflix or video chat your friends.
Which of these will you try?