Laundry Cleaning Tips That Actually Work
How often have you heard or read laundry cleaning tips that just don’t work?
After a long week at work, or at home looking after the family, the last thing you want to do is spend your weekends washing clothes. Or organising a messy, cluttered laundry!
With some initial preparation and regular maintenance, your laundry cleaning will become a breeze.
Daily Laundry Cleaning
The laundry can build up odours if not cared for properly. It’s important to undertake a bit of daily maintenance to keep it in tip-top shape.
- Open the windows – an easy way to air out odours
- Clean the washing machine – use a microfiber cloth and warm water to wipe down the outside of your machine. It’s surprising how easily detergent can be spilt. Without proper care you also run the risk of your machine discolouring.
- Remove lint from the dryer – if you use a dryer ensure you locate the air vent and remove all lint from the filter after each use.
- Take out the trash – have a small trash can in your laundry and remove the unwanted items at the end of each day.
Monthly Laundry Cleaning
If you’re completing daily maintenance, that’s great! But it’s time to up the ante and give the laundry a thorough clean. You don’t want moisture to build up and cause damage to your walls or surrounding area after all!
- Clean behind corners – you simply don’t know what get’s lost behind the washing machine if you don’t reach in and see. It’s a mecca for lost socks and small clothing items. If possible, you can slide the machine out of it’s spot for a thorough clean. Sweep beneath the machine and give it a mop.
- Care for your white goods – use warm, soaps water to give your washing machine, dryer, iron/ironing board a good wipe down. This prevents you electricals from ageing quickly.
- Clean inside your cupboards – empty out your cleaning and laundry products and give the shelves a good clean. Laundry cleaning is made easier if you stay on top of tasks. Also take note of any products you are running low on. These should be added to your shopping list ASAP.
- Sweep and mop all floor areas – give the laundry a sweep and mop. Make sure you pay particular attention to all corners and remove any water stains that may have formed.
Laundry cleaning! It’s not so hard, is it?